- Location: northern Vietnam
- Name's meaning: high plateau
- Area: about 6,700 square kilometers
- Population: 515,000 people (2011 census)
- Telephone area code: 026
Located in northern Vietnam, Cao Bang province owns several of historical sites as well as natural spots thanks to a long history of inhabitance. Before the southwards expansion, Vietnamese people had lived there for thousands of years.
The province's name is a Sino-Vietnamese word which means "high plateau" and its capital city also the largest settlement of the region has the same name. Cao Bang is set on the bank of Bang Giang River, and is around 30 km away from Vietnam’s boundary with China.
Natural terrain of Cao Bang includes grandiose mountains, primary forests, as well as immense rivers and springs. Indeed, this is a nature retaining so many features undiscovered that make you find yourself speechless and amazed. Some of them are associated with the country's formidable resistance war against France for example: Lenin stream and Karl Marx mountain located in Pac Bo (where Former President Ho Chi Minh lived since 1941 after his return from China) are two destinations that all Vietnamese exceptionally familiar to since their very young ages. Apparently, apart from its stunning appearance, the historical meaning of Pac Bo has a vital role to play in drawing visitors to Cao Bang. Besides, it would be inadequate if we omit Ban Gioc Waterfall - the world's fourth largest waterfall that lies between two nations, and also the largest natural waterfall in Indochinese peninsula. Undoubtedly, with its surprisingly spectacular and pristine beauty, the Waterfall is among the most famous destinations of Cao Bang.
With such a rich variety in topography, Cao Bang's cuisine cannot help but being diverse and abundant as well. Made from ingredients that can only be found here for instance: some special types of vegetables: bo khai, da hien, folium sauropi, or bee’s pupae even the simplest dishes can be exceptionally tasty. A few other names can be listed are Coong Phu cake, sour noodles, Trung Khanh hazel nuts, steamed rolled rice pancake.
The best time to visit Cao Bang is at August and September when Ban Gioc Waterfall is full of crystal-clear water, or at November and December when wild sunflowers are in their blooming season.
• Fresh getaway from busy modern life
• Get closer to ethinc life when experiencing homestay in Pac Ngoi village
• Overwhelmed by numerous activities in stunning nature: Waterfall, Hua Ma cave, Ba Be lake, etc
• Watching the fisherman, farmers, etc at their daily work in picturesque view.
• Enjoy tasty meals made by careful and attentive host
• Enjoy an outstanding remote trip across the “roof of Northern Vietnam”
• Will be captivated by the breathtaking views of many mountains, and alluring atmosphere
• Talk a walk to Pho Bang and Lung Tam villages to get better knowledge about their traditional customs
• Interact with locals to bridge the gap between language and culture
• Walk by some verdant mountains trek paths and immerse in the idyllic beauty of Dong Van Plateau
• Gain insights into the authentic lives of the locals living in remote areas
• Taste the regional specialities and possibly try how to make them
Ban Gioc- Cao Bang is where you can relax your soul, forget the tired worries of busy life. And Yen Nhi homestay is a ideal place that can help you enjoy all the beauty here by surrounding homestay is mountain. All units come with a terrace with mountain views, a kitchen with a stovetop, and a shared bathroom with bidet. Homestay...
Primrosé is designed with modern style, including dorm rooms, double rooms and other communal spaces which are full of natural light and green trees. Located in the center of Cao Bang city (just 1 mins walking to the bus stop to many famous sightseeing places), Primrosé is a good place to stay with full-furnished rooms, friendly host and...
Situated in Cao Bang, Mr. Kim's Homestay features accommodation with free WiFi and seating area. A terrace with mountain views is offerd in all units. Guests can also relax in the homestay’s garden and organize barbecues with your friends or your family. Breakfast is available daily, and includes continental and Asian options....
Jeanne hotel is located on Kim Dong street in the heart of Cao Bang city, very convenient for sightseeing, shopping, travel and business. Hotel’s main color is inspired by the famous specialties of Cao Bang. Building the Jeanne hotel into an international standard hotel is their goal that they always strive. When you come to Jeanne hotel,...
Sunny Hotel is located in the center of Cao Bang city which belongs to Song Bang Mechanical Cooperative. The location of Sunny Hotel Cao Bang is very convenient for visitors to visit, relax or come to work. The Hotel has 75 rooms of 3 star standard equipped with modern facilities and excellent services. Come to Sunny Hotel Cao Bang,...