- Area: 1,283 square km
- Population: 926, 000
- The fourth largest city of Vietnam and the biggest city in South Central Coast
- The most dramatic urbanization ratio
Sitting on a vast and well-sheltered bay at the mouth of the Han River, about 759 km south of the capital Hanoi, Danang has been developed to one of the dominant port cities in Vietnam, the fourth-largest city of the country and the biggest city in the Vietnam’s South Central Coast.
The real spur of such significant growth came in American War when Danang was regarded as "Saigon of the North". Danang today is the commercial and educational centre of Central Vietnam which is listed as a first class city and has the highest urbanization ratio. Despite its considerable size and bustling port, Danang is unexpectedly amiable.
Most of the names of Danang refer to its position at the Han River estuary. The present name of its originated form a Cham work which means "opening of a large river". From the dawn of history, Danang closely related to the Sa Huynh culture which is one of the most ancient cultures in Vietnam. In Cham Museum, many palaces, towers, temple citadels and ramparts date back from 1st to 13th are still to be seen. Danang was a place witnessing the southward expansion of Dai Viet under Ly dynasty in the 15th century as well as the appearance of Westerners in Vietnam in 20th century. During Vietnam War, the city was home to a major air base for South Vietnamese and United States air forces. At that time, Danang was one of the World’s busiest airports steering the growth of entertainment industry with the booming of bars, restaurants and hotels. Favorable condition endorsed by nature, as well as social transformation has made Danang an attractive city with beautiful beaches and great restaurants.
Within its boundary, Danang has dozens of interesting attractions. Among them, My Son, an archaeological site built more than a thousand year, is outstanding for being a former capital and religious center of Champa Kingdom. It was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. Ba Na Tourist Resort, a modern human works, is spectacular with a 5km-long cable car system offering tourists a panorama view of Ba Na Mountains. Ngu Hanh Son (Marble Mountains) is another most popular attraction of the city. It includes five marble and limestone mountains which represents five element of ancient oriental philosophy: metal, wood, water, fire and earth. Son Tra Peninsula with fantastic, untouched natural scene and mysterious primitive jungle is also in the list of must - visit places. Other beautiful spots like Linh Ung pagoda and Non Nuoc beach are recommended to visit.
During your holiday in Danang, you should not miss chances to enjoy its cuisines and specialties. Dining foods served in local street cafes or in top ranking restaurants is satisfying experience. Coming to a coastal city like Danang, you absolutely have opportunities to savor the best seafood. Be thui (grilled beef) and my Quang (Quang noodle) are worth trying.
• Exciting trip to discover the beauty of Danang and Hoi An beaches
• Valuable chance to visually know about the life of local
• Motivating experiences with water-related activities
• Enjoyable journey with special seafood like squid, abalone, etc.
• Pamper yourself in romantic moments while wandering along the colorful lantern streets in quaint Hoi An
• Try special cuisine like a local: coffee, chicken rice, xeo cake, cao lau, Quang noodle, etc
• Tons of fun and laughs when biking to rural villages and join in the boat trip in water coconut forest
• Experience the world longest single-wire cable car system of Ba Na Hills
• Admire the stunning architecture of the Linh Ung Pagoda, walk in foggy Golden Bridge enjoy gorgeous views
• Learn more about historic and royal stories when visiting Forbidden Citadel and Royal Tomb in Hue
• Two-day trip to relish true, natural and challenging golf courses in Danang
• Wonderful chance to discover Vietnam’s history under Cham civilization and spectacular scenery of the Marble Mountains in Danang
• Amazing trip to meet-and-greet a dream-like Hue, the Vietnamese Imperial City with the imposing citadel and king’s tombs
• Superb travel back in time to discover the ancient town of Hoi An
• New experience on speedboat from Phnom Penh to Tan Chau - embarkation of cruise
• Lay back on your comfortable river cruiser - Mekong Eyes Explorer Cruise - and enjoy the scenery
• Visit the charming city of Sa Dec and Tan Thuan Dong islet
• Taste a lot of delicious cuisine on cruise and fresh fruit at orchard
• Visit floating market and talk and bargain with the merchants
• Explore and take beautiful photos about the famous destinations in Saigon and Cu Chi Tunnel.
• Admire the beauty of ancient Hoi A and My Son Holly
• Meet and make friends with friendly local residents and prepare lunch with them
• Learn how to cook the Vietnamese delicacies with the hospital people
• Take time to watch Water Puppet Show - a sensational performance presenting the old time of Vietnamese life
• Explore the thrilling landscape of Halong Bay - the UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Discover Hoi An ancient town and get the interesting experience in Hoi An Water Coconut Forest
• Explore around Saigon city: War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office.
• Board the local canal boat and spend time on the water to experience daily life in the floating heartland of Mekong Delta
• Relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river
• Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits
• Highlight your journey with a visit to Phnom Penh city and the marvel of the Angkor Complex.
Belle Maison Parosand Danang is located right by My Khe Beach and East Sea Park, delighting guests with the view of clear bay and the dynamic city.The hotel design is inspired by the ever-changing nuances of light and artistic patterns, making it the most radiant spotlight by Danang coast.The hotel offers quality...
Cicila Hotels & Spa is a luxury brand that is shaped by passion and dedication, bringing travelers all around the world a simple yet fulfilling indulgence which goes beyond standard and classiness. With a careful investment and attention to detail, Cicilia Hotels & Spa features a completely new style and sophistication of a 4-star...
Strategically located at the famous Bach Dang riversidestreet by the beautiful Han River, uniquely designed and meticulously equipped, Avora hotel with 33 state-of-the-art facilitated luxury rooms & suites is emerging as a must-stay hotel right in the city center of Danang. Its nicely decorated restaurant and Bar enhance the hotel service with...
Just 10 minutes walking from the most beautiful beach in Da Nang, HAKA Hotel & Apartment is undoubtedly a prime destination for your family vacation. While enjoying mesmerizing sea views, exploring the quintessence of Central Vietnam art and culture would also be at ease.You will find yourself immerse in the peacefulness of a...
Located just few steps away from the famous My Khe Beach, which is actually chosen as one of the six most attractive beaches on the planet by Forbes, Royal Lotus Hotel Danang a 4-star hotel, the flagship of H&K Hospitality, provides a personal haven for relaxation, with comfortable, well-appointed guestrooms, distinctive drinking and dining...
The Furama Villas is a beautiful complex of two to four bedroom villas of Furama Resort Danang with private pools, fully equipped kitchen and luxurious beach access or in the plush gardens. The red-tiled roofs give the villas a distinctive Asian character influenced by the architectures of Champa, the royal temples and palace, while the lavish...
Ideal for fun and relaxation, Pavilion Hotel is located in the Phuoc My area of Da Nang. From here, guests can make the most of all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the property offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations.
Find a perfect escape in the middle of Danang city? Find your way to New Orient Hotel Danang. The hotel provides modern design combined with green space and airy balcony brings you the most pleasant relaxation.The property's accommodations have been carefully appointed to the highest degree of comfort and convenience. Superb facilities and an...
When visiting Da Nang, you'll feel right at home at Jazz Hotel, which offers quality accommodation and great service. At Jazz Hotel, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. All guest accommodations feature thoughtful amenities to ensure an unparalleled sense of comfort. The hotel's solarium are ideal places to...
Grand Tourane Hotel is definitely an ideal place for business and leisure travellers . 189 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites offering an unmatched view over My Khe, one of the world's best beaches, or a stunning view over the city skyline. The hotel also offers an all-day dining restaurant “ Bella Vista...