My Tho is the capital city of Tien Giang Province. It is located on the north side of the downstream of the Tien River, in the Mekong Delta region of South Vietnam. It borders on Cho Gao in the North and West, Chau Thanh District in the East and Tien River & Ben Tre Province in the South.
Location: My Tho is the capital city of Tien Giang Province. It is located on the north side of the downstream of the Tien River, in the Mekong Delta region of South Vietnam. It borders on Cho Gao in the North and West, Chau Thanh District in the East and Tien River & Ben Tre Province in the South.
Characteristics: My Tho is known as one of the green destination in the middle of the plains, crisscrossed canals with fresh air, many types of tourism associated with ecological river travel, gardens, amusement parks, cultural temples & pagodas, fruit orchards and specialties.
· Some famous tourist attractions: Vinh Trang Temple, Cao Dai Temple, Dong Tam Snakes Farm, Thoi Son Islet, Phoenix Island, Dragon Island, Tortoise Island, Unicorn Island, etc
· Fruit Orchards:
· February: Breast Milk season in Vinh Kim
· March & April: Mango season in Cai Be
· May, June & July: Durian and Rambutan in Ngu Hiep
· August & September: Longans in Phoenix Island
· December: Watermelon in Tan My Chanh & Go Cong
· Floating Markets: Cai Be, Cho Gao & Phong Dien, in which Cai Be Floating Market is the biggest wholesale market in the Southwest of Vietnam. It takes place on the river on the large scale with full of boats and rafts filled with varied and plentiful products.
· Specialties: My Tho Noodles (Hu Tieu My Tho) with many types of Noodles as Vegetarian Noodles, Meat Noodles, Squid Noodles, Beef Noodles, Trang Noodles, Thao Loan Noodles, etc
• Admire the phenomenally beautiful vista of the Vietnamese countryside
• Enjoy the different atmosphere in the two favorite cities of Saigon and Phnom Penh
• Travel on over the calming Mekong delta
• Experience the impressive cruise between Saigon and Phnom Penh
• Uncover a workshop where we learn about and observe how rice paste, rice paper, rice cookies or rice wine is manufactured
• Along with its peaceful beauty, the Mekong Delta is known for its friendly locals. The crewmembers of the Jahan Cruise are no exception
• Explore some of Saigon’s tourism highlights include the Vietnam History Museum, War Remnants Museum; the Reunification Palace, etc
• Discover the bygone elegance of travel aboard the majestic Jahan
• From the moment you board, guests are made to feel at home
• Explore the stunning Angkor Temples and many other historic sites in Cmbodia
• Enjoy picturesque sceneries as crusing the Tonle Sap & Mekong Rivers
• Discover the local workshops of the two countries as pottery, coconut candies, etc
• Visit the famous Caibe’s floating market to understand their daily working life
• Sample well-known specialties during the exursion
• Wander around the landmarks of the biggest city of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh city
• An unforgettable means of exploring some of the finest scenery in Asia with the luxury cruise - RV Jayavarman
• Admire Khmer artifacts in the Henry Mouhot Lounge, mingle in the Club 1930 Bar, dine in the elegant Indochina Dining Hall, and recharge with spa treatments in the Apsara Spa
• Relax in a Jacuzzi located on the top sundeck, which offers spectacular views of the passing delta